Wisconsin Capital Management Selects Advent Rules Manager® to Automate Compliance

Wisconsin Capital Management Selects Advent Rules Manager® to Automate Compliance

Asset Management Firm Expands Use of Advent’s Integrated Suite

SAN FRANCISCO – May 14, 2008 – Advent Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADVS), a leading provider of software and solutions for the investment management industry, today announced that Wisconsin Capital Management has implemented Advent Rules Manager®, Advent’s leading comprehensive compliance solution.  Designed to work exclusively with Moxy®, Advent’s leading trade order management solution, Advent Rules Manager® provides pre- and post-trade rule checking, portfolio monitoring and automated record-keeping to help firms stay in compliance. 

Keeping up with evolving and complex compliance requirements forced Wisconsin Capital to dedicate increasing amounts of internal resources and time to compliance management.  The firm was looking for ways to automate many of its policies and procedures so that the staff could focus on resolving exceptions rather than checking each account manually for compliance.

A long-time user of the Advent suite, including Moxy® and Axys®, Wisconsin Capital implemented Advent Rules Manager® to gain better control over compliance.  Tightly integrated with Moxy®, Advent Rules Manager® enables firms to create rules based on its policies, providing automatic pre- and post- trade checking and portfolio monitoring to ensure that portfolios stay within client guidelines and investment policies.

“Monitoring activity for compliance is a complex, manual chore that can be prone to error, so we needed a solution that could make compliance less manually intensive and reduce the risk of errors,” said Jessica Neubauer, Senior Securities Trader, Wisconsin Capital Management.  “As users of Advent’s suite of products, we were very pleased to hear that Advent had developed a compliance solution aimed at automating pre- and post-trade rules checking, and we decided to sign on as an early adopter of Advent Rules Manager®.” 

“With Advent Rules Manager®, responding to the SEC will be a lot easier because of the information and reports we can get directly from the system,” said Tim O’Brien, Principal, Portfolio Manager & Director of Operations, Wisconsin Capital Management.  “We can show the SEC all of our policies and procedures, how we know we’re in compliance, how we do the checks, where we have differences and why.”

“Advent Rules Manager® is especially valuable in fluctuating markets, when wide swings in equity values or changes in bond ratings can throw a portfolio’s composition out of line,” explains Teresa Van Horn, Assistant Portfolio Manager at Wisconsin Capital.  Advent Rules Manager® has delivered a lot more fixed-income measurement capabilities than we previously had.”

“We’re pleased to add Wisconsin Capital to the growing list of Moxy® clients experiencing the many benefits of Advent Rules Manager®,” said Govind Sandhu, Director of Product Management at Advent.  “It not only streamlines compliance internally and improves accuracy, but it also enables a firm to show clients and prospects that the firm employs best practices in compliance.”

Added Sandhu, “These days, the ability to demonstrate compliance is just as important as compliance itself; being able to automate a substantial part of the process gives a firm an important operational and competitive advantage.”

About Wisconsin Capital Management
Wisconsin Capital Management, located in Madison, manages more than $600 million in assets for both institutions and individuals. The firm takes a multi-cap, balanced approach, with approximately 70% of its holdings in small, medium, and large-cap equities, and the remaining 30% in fixed-income municipal and corporate securities. The firm also manages two proprietary mutual funds.

About Advent
Advent Software, Inc. (www.advent.com), a global firm, has provided trusted solutions to the world’s leading financial professionals since 1983.  Firms in 60 countries use Advent technology and manage investments totalling nearly US $18 trillion.  Advent’s quality software, data, services and tools enable financial professionals to improve service and communication to their clients, allowing them to grow their business while controlling costs.  Advent is the only financial services software company to be awarded the Service Capability and Performance certification for being a world-class support organization.  For more information on Advent products visit http://www.advent.com/about/resources/demos/pr

The Advent logo, Advent Rules Manager, Axys and Moxy are registered trademarks of Advent Software, Inc.  All other company names or marks mentioned herein are those of their respective owners.


Contact:
Jessica Miller
Advent Software, Inc.
(415) 645-1668
jmiller@advent.com